Many of you are aware that Quincy and Eleanor both love apples. Quincy will tell you her favorite food is "apples and cheese". It is not uncommon for us to go through about 6 pounds of apples per week, and neither of the girls are very picky about the kind of apple-- they just love apples. I can't really complain either-- kids choosing healthy apples over junk food-- I'm all for it! However, because we don't restrict apple eating to just the kitchen I have the unfortunate experience of finding apple cores in just about every room of the house.... literally! The other evening I found these apple cores downstairs in our living room... If you are not able to see them very well I will describe them..... there is literally NO apple fruit left on these cores. the only thing left is the hard crusts that hold the seeds. At first I thought that maybe ants had gotten to the cores and "finished off" what Quincy and Eleanor had not eaten... but these were apples that they had gotten out of the refrigerator not 3 hours earlier and I don't think we have THAT many ants in our house! I guess I should clarify... Eleanor eats apples, and Quincy devours apples. Apparently one of these apples belonged to each girl and after Eleanor had her fill, Quincy was able to polish it off..... I'm impressed! Are you?!
Friday, September 25, 2009
Apples
Many of you are aware that Quincy and Eleanor both love apples. Quincy will tell you her favorite food is "apples and cheese". It is not uncommon for us to go through about 6 pounds of apples per week, and neither of the girls are very picky about the kind of apple-- they just love apples. I can't really complain either-- kids choosing healthy apples over junk food-- I'm all for it! However, because we don't restrict apple eating to just the kitchen I have the unfortunate experience of finding apple cores in just about every room of the house.... literally! The other evening I found these apple cores downstairs in our living room... If you are not able to see them very well I will describe them..... there is literally NO apple fruit left on these cores. the only thing left is the hard crusts that hold the seeds. At first I thought that maybe ants had gotten to the cores and "finished off" what Quincy and Eleanor had not eaten... but these were apples that they had gotten out of the refrigerator not 3 hours earlier and I don't think we have THAT many ants in our house! I guess I should clarify... Eleanor eats apples, and Quincy devours apples. Apparently one of these apples belonged to each girl and after Eleanor had her fill, Quincy was able to polish it off..... I'm impressed! Are you?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ha! This is impressive. I remember my mom saying that she would find apples with just one bite out of them...You definitely don't have to worry about that! I love it!
Post a Comment