Saturday, August 10, 2013

Funny Kid quotes to Remember

For the past few months we have been having FHE lessons focusing on baptism in preparation for Quincy to be baptized the first weekend of August. She seemed to have a pretty good grasp on the purpose of the whole ordinance. Saturday morning, about an hour before she was supposed to arrive at the Stake Center for her baptism, she asks me
Q: "Mom? Am I going to remember ANYTHING after I come out of the water?" I'm sure I looked at her, somewhat confused and then replied,
M: "Yes, sweetheart. Heavenly Father forgets about the things we have done wrong in the past, but we don't forget anything when we get baptized. You'll remember the same things you remember now. That's how we learn! If we forgot everything, then we would not remember the consequences that happened."
Q: "Are you going to forget things?"
M: "Nope. Just Heavenly Father forgets the things we did wrong."
Q: "So basically, nobody forgets anything..."
M: "Basically."

The next day, I was team substitute teaching Benjamin's primary class (sunbeams). We were having a lesson on obedience. Jamie Johnson Morrow was teaching the lesson. She asked, "Does your mom or dad ever ask you to do anything?"  Some of the kids (like Benjamin) nodded emphatically, while others obliviously replied, "No." Throughout the next section of dialogue Benjamin stated (very matter of factly) that, "When mom is happy, I'm happy!" (what a smart and sweet boy!)

No comments: