Tonight while getting the girls ready for bed I corralled Benjamin into his room. After finishing reading bedtime stories to Eleanor and Quincy, I returned to Benjamin's room to start his bedtime routine. When I opened the door I found Benjamin sitting on the floor with a bag of diapers torn open and a line of diapers very carefully trailing across the room. He informed me it was for his choo choo train.
We buy huggies diapers in bulk from Costco. In each box there are two types of diapers intermingled. In the current box there are diapers with only Mickey Mouse or diapers with both Minnie and Mickey Mouse printed on the front. Benjamin has decided that he likes the diapers with both Minnie and Mickey on the front and gets upset (or runs away) when I attempt to use the Mickey only diapers.
Apparently his dislike for Mickey only diapers spans all uses-- because on closer examination of Benjamin's train track I realized that he had separated EVERY Minnie and Mickey diaper out of the package to use in his track and rejected all the Mickey only diapers into a pile in the corner of his room.
Then of course, he needed to find his "Choo Choo Thomas" to ride on the tracks. What a boy!!
As a side note-- this pregnancy is almost over. I am officially 37 weeks and a few days and if I do not go into labor prior, I have an induction scheduled for August 20th. Hooray! I will be grateful to be able to off-load some of the extra water I am retaining and to separate myself from me and my internal heater!! :) Now just praying for a healthy baby and a smooth labor and delivery!
1 comment:
Oh how funny!! And cute. :D
And good luck with the delivery of the new baby!! I'm excited to meet the next little Haslam cutie!
Post a Comment