I've tried to post video to our blog about 6 times now and it always is "uploading" for close to 6 hours before I finally give up--- so either I'm doing something wrong, I'm just impatient, or its just not meant to be. Sadly I'm much better at posting on facebook that I am on keeping our blog up to date-- so sorry if you've been left out of the loop just because you're not a facebook fan.
Last week Brandon spent hours and hours serving in the jury box in a unpleasant case in the Provo City courthouse. The girls were happy to be able to spend time with some very kind friends-- Grandma, Kristen, and Sarah while I worked and Brandon "juried"- I don't envy Brandon's experience a whole lot!
Brandon took the kids down to Cedar City for the weekend and I had the opportunity to stay home and get done some long put off projects-- I (with some SIGNIFICANT help from my handy-man dad) replaced the broken fan in our bathroom and was finally able to scrub off the mold from the ceiling with greater assurity that it wont be able to grow again! (Hooray!) I also plastered some holes in the walls, changed out some plumbing underneath the kitchen sink that was leaking, and other "not very easy to do with children in the house or while they are sleeping" tasks. It was fun to be able to spend some time with my dad too-- I used to be his "helper" when I was little and he would work on various home improvement projects...."helper" being a very relative term. :)
Today I was finally able to meet with a pulmonologist for my sleep study results. She told me I had mild obstructive sleep apnea but did not require a CPAP machine right now-- other than that, she basically said that one major contributory to my constant sleepiness was my work schedule and the other was my weight... it didn't seem to matter that I have had very successful weight loss for the past 2.5 months.... she recommended I lost another 35 lbs and I could be sleep apnea free forever-- Believe me, I would LOVE to be 35 lbs lighter, it was just kind of a damper on the amount of success I've had so far-- I guess just the reminder of HOW MUCH overweight I am. So.... I guess we'll keep working on it.
Quincy and Eleanor still love their dance class through Hale Center Foundation. Benjamin is growing up like crazy and starting to take a few "stumble/run before I fall down" type steps. He's an absolute joy-- even though he is a little sick.
Kind of newsy, and nothing incredibly exciting, but at least it is up to date!
2 comments:
Wow, you are the woman! If Steve's ever out of town and I need help fixing things I'm calling you! :)
I didn't know that you sleep apnea. Could it maybe be that you have 3 kids as well? Seriously. I hope you start feelin better soon!
Sounds like you are quite the fix-it-woman! I'm impressed!
Post a Comment