Monday, January 4, 2010

Time for some lifestyle changes

Brandon and I have decided that we are way past due some lifestyle changes and have signed up for a "free trial" exercise/nutrition program for the next 8 weeks. We wont gross you out by posting our "before" pictures, but hopefully we will see some significant results in the next 8 weeks. So far we have found quiet a bit of frustration with figuring out what to eat. We are supposed to eat 200-300 calories every 2-3 hours throughout the day with a fairly even proportion of carbs, proteins, and fats-- have you ever tried to do something like that? Brandon and I have been eating fairly non-cohesive things throughout the day. Any suggestions for meal recipes following the requirements would be gratefully accepted. :)

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Dallan lost a bunch of weight a year ago by counting calories. He found that having an accurate food scale helped and he used a calorie book that told you how many calories basic foods had, according to weight. He'd probably have some good food suggestions. If your interested I can email you more! Good luck to you both.

Mindy said...

I lost 30 lbs. following a plan very similar to this. A food scale help a lot. The thing that really helped me was finding a kind of exercise that I love doing (for me, yoga). I've kept the weight off, and now don't really have to worry so much about what I eat. I've got food suggestions, too.

Hoggards said...

If I even knew how to begin following calories that I input and tried to make things all proportionate between carbs, proteins, ect....I'd totally be a fail! Is this Skylers program you guys are trying out? Good luck! That's awesome! Someday maybe I'll be able to diet - I'd have to gain some serious self control first!!!

Jeanie said...

I am really excited for you both and it's awesome to see how much weight you have lost so far!! PS- Send me your email so I can invite you to read my family blog ;).