Friday, May 1, 2009

"Our Life": The musical

For the past while Quincy has become our little songbird, singing pretty much any song she has heard more than twice and many that she makes up words to a familiar tune. Recently Brandon and I have noticed that she is CONSTANTLY singing.... about going to the bathroom, about getting dressed, about playing in the backyard, about eating food, about fighting with Eleanor, (you get the point). One of Quincy's favorite tunes is the theme song to "WONDER PETS"-- A few days ago Brandon discovered that if he sang one line of the song, Quincy would sing the next... even making up a song, Brandon could sing one line and Quincy would follow with her own line while continuing the melody. It wasn't until yesterday however that Brandon discovered that he was only allowed to sing certain lines of the melody... when he attempted to make up words using "Quincy's" part of the song, she stopped him and said, "Hey, that's my part!"

Eleanor is also a singer.... however, she sings mostly Disney songs. The most entertaining song to watch her sing "I'll make a man out of you" from Mulan... she looks and sounds so intense and even angry when she sings it... its funny!

2 comments:

Jessi said...

Benjamin is going to love being sung to all day!!

Hoggards said...

That's awesome! I'll make a man out of you! I've never heard a kid sing that! Don't you hate how those tunes, like "wonder pets" get stuck in your head forever???