Friday, August 22, 2008

Quincy's quotes

So, Brandon and I are always amazed at some of the things that come out of our children's mouths-- mostly Quincy right now cause Eleanor's speech is still a little sketchy-- word like "mon" for "Come on" and "han" for "give me your hand" (as she drug us around to where she wants us to be...

But, in Quincy's case-- its just pretty much funny. So..... We've decided to post "Quincy Quotes"--
The top three for this week:
1.  As Brandon was saying goodbye to a neighbor the other day he said "Catch you later." A few minutes later Quincy surprised us by asking 

"Why are you going to catch him later?"

2.  Quincy's Aunt Sissy is expecting a baby. As we tried to give her a reason not to rough-house I explained she had to be nice because Aunt Sissy has a baby in her tummy and we don't want to hurt it.  A few minutes later she asked, 

"Did you eat the baby all gone?"

3.  Brandon's dad inherited the Haslam gene for a large, rotund, hard tummy-- right in front.... (In his case a "bowl full of jelly" during the holidays.)  This morning "Papa" was watching the girls while Brandon and I were gone and she sat up on his lap she turned around, patted him three times on the belly and asked,

"Is there a baby in there?"

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet!

aabrownfamily said...

That's so cute. I'm glad I got your blog. It's fun to see what you guys are up to. I can't wait to see Quincy's hair.

Jackie Sullivan said...

I love that she wanted to know how the baby got there! So cute! I can't wait for Collin to start talking more so I can have fun quotes!

Jessi said...

I love the Quincy quotes! Best one.. Did you eat the baby all gone? ha ha ha! She is so funny!